What We Do
The team at College Crossroads Consulting is excited to embark on this journey with your student as they consider crossing into this next exciting phase of their life. Helping them discover who they are and the importance of the next four years is a joyful experience for us. In choosing their college with thoughtfulness, rigorous research, and extensive discussion, your child will increase their chance of not only surviving but THRIVING during their undergraduate years.
College Crossroads Consulting helps students and families navigate the college application journey from start to finish. The goal is to help our clients decide on the best schools to apply to and assist them with this process until the final application is submitted.
Work with students to brainstorm and develop incredible student essays efficiently and effectively. Essays include:
- the Common Application essay,
- the Coalition Application essay;
- the four Personal Insight Questions asked by the University of California system;
- the essay questions asked in school-specific applications such as MIT and Georgetown, and;
- the supplemental essays, which are school-specific questions asked in the Common Application.
Conduct practice interviews regarding how to best answer the questions students are asked and provide suggestions for questions that students can ask their interviewer in return. Students will receive feedback in terms of how to maximize a positive impression.
Ensure the student’s application is filled out correctly with no spelling errors or misinterpretation of questions.
Develop an ED/EA strategy with the student. Today, there is a definite benefit to applying to a school in the Early Decision or Early Action rounds.
There is the ability to purchase help in 5/10/15 hour packages. Families can take advantage of this if:
- They want to start their student with College Crossroads Consulting in the freshman year;
- Their child is a senior and needs one or two of the services, but not all of them.